The Coronavirus is a respiratory flu-like virus that is highly contagious and spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or it passes through touch. This Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of the virus that has been around for years.
We Must Consider These Matters:
How Can We Care For Ourselves:
– Wash our hands frequently.
– Fist bump instead of a hand shake.
– Stay home if we are sick or running a fever.
– Get seven hours of sleep a night.
– Avoid hand contact with our face.
– Wipe our phones with anti-bacterial wipes.
– Cough into our sleeve or muzzled elbow.
– Seek appropriate medical care as symptoms arise.
How Can We Care For Each Other And Stay Connected:
– Participate in our current effort to insure your contact information (email addresses, current phone numbers) is up-to-date with your ABF Class, Life Group, and our Membership Rosters. This data will insure our ability to stay in touch with our congregation in the event of a regional quarantine. We want to communicate and stay in touch.
– If asked by state and local government and health authorities, Calvary will observe regional quarantines but we will continue to shepherd the flock digitally.
– Maintain sensitivity to giving to Calvary Baptist Church. Our fixed obligations remain even if we cannot assemble together for several weeks. Online and mailed in gifts will be processed.
How Can We Help Others:
– Pray that followers of Jesus would model hope in Christ and share their faith with an anxious world.
– Pray for a turn to Jesus Christ for our world in this moment.